Business to Business Magento Enterprise Edition Case Study
High End Furniture Sold Through Designers
- Client was in contract with developer, but, no progress had been made in 3 months
- High-end furnishings site whose inventory is sold via interior designers
- Ground up build (not migrating from another platform)
- Anyone should be able to browse the catalog. However, purchasers had to be verified as credentialed interior designers for full access
- Magento Commerce (Enterprise Edition) license had already been obtained
The Situation When Razoyo Got Involved
- Initial goal was to launch a proof-of-concept site and prove out the business model
- No customizations had been written
- Catalog items were uploaded, but data was poorly organized and unusable
- With 50,000 items in their catalog, the client faced multiple challenges
- Lack of expertise to organize and load the high volume data
- Initial developer (pre-Razoyo) lacked data design capabilities
- Mainly off-shore development team made communication difficult
- Custom development of subscription system was required and had not been specified
Our Solution / Approach
- Razoyo’s 100% on-shore development team accelerated progress.
- Razoyo consulting services architected and implemented custom subscription system leveraging Magento core features to keep costs low.
- Razoyo’s designer created the look-and-feel and design standards which were approved in less than a month.
- Razoyo and client worked together to organize and upload catalog data.
- Site launched in 3 months
- Client proved out concept, added subscribers and received investor backing
- Client management team is now in 6th year of relationship with Razoyo, having added many additional new features and products to site